Oracle Hospitality Business United (HGBU) is in search of a Sales Director on the Global Accounts Team, for one of our Major Hotel Chain accounts. This position is based in Columbia MD, Oracles HGBU Division Office. The candidate must have ability to travel as required to meet the demands of the business.
As the Sales Director for one Oracles HGBU major accounts, you will be responsible for leading and growing the North America book of business, delivering on annual sales and revenue targets. This will also focus on the development of direct reports enabling them to secure and expand business. The Sales Director role includes owning and building executive level relationships throughout this major Hotel Chain. As part of the relationships the leader will work the various levels within the client to grow the relationship in support of the clients mission.
• Manage 5-7 direct reports as well as other indirect reports.
• Establishment of credible sales leadership, building strong competitive attack teams that deliver growth results against assigned business targets
• Execute tactical and strategic sales account plans for existing and new clients in order to achieve the revenue targets (quota) as directed by the Business. This includes the handling of customer queries effectively and dealing with objections during the sales process.
• Maintain up to date and accurate customer sales records, expense plans, budgets and related databases. Responds to customers RFP/RFI Requests in a timely and professional manner to facilitate success
• Establish and maintain a high level of positive and effective contact with key customers, agents, lead generators and others to enhance sales opportunities for new and continuing business development and major key accounts within the portfolio
• Develop and manage a robust pipeline of sales opportunities through the entire sales cycle.
• Work closely with and maintain good working relationships with other functional company departments such as Professional Services, Product Management, Customer Service, Engineering, etc., to ensure company requirements are met or exceeded.
• Provide market leadership to the business teams as a subject matter expert through the entire sales cycle.
• Maintain constant awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems within assigned customer base, recognize trends that develop, and make appropriate strategic and tactical sales/marketing recommendations.
• Identify opportunities for improvement processes in general working practices and team efficiency.
• Be able to deliver strong communication skills through the various multiple levels of customer contacts (C-suite executives, business and technical advocates).
• Have strong solution selling skills, demonstrating strong product knowledge and product/solution currency.
• Development of strong awareness of the various competitive products.
Required Skills and Experience:
10+ years of proven solution Major Account Sales Management experience
Minimum 3 years of sale experience selling into the Hospitality, and/or Retail sector
Ability to understand high-level technology concepts and communicate to non-IT executives
Expertise in prospecting and developing relationships with C-Level Executives in IT and Business areas applicable to stores and ecommerce
Demonstrated quota achievement and territory growth.
Enjoyable personality and aptitude for fun, team-oriented and competitive environments
Travel 25% as needed
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Masters or other post-graduate degree a plus
Software / Services selling experience
Aptitude for working within a high profile high customer touch business
Overall responsibility for the regions sales, third party alliances, and customer satisfaction. Develops and implements a comprehensive strategy that maximizes Oracle's opportunities across all products and product lines.
Manages and develops a team of sales representatives including recruiting, hiring, and training new reps on the Oracle sales process. May manage a Regional Manager or Branch Manager. Sells and promotes the sales of Oracle products to customers including negotiating price, other concessions and terms and conditions of the sale. Participates in strategic and tactical planning for the division. Builds working relationships with license, consulting and education field managers in the respective territory to develop joint account plans. Develops and execute a territory plan to maximize revenue. Generates and achieves monthly territory forecasts, and accurately predicts revenue on a monthly basis. Manages escalation. Conducts weekly progress meetings with sales team.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations important. 5 or more years sales or sales management experience within technology industry. Ability to hire and train new sales representatives. Ability to resolve customer satisfaction issues. Demonstrated leadership skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to present to large and small audiences. Ability to negotiate price, other concessions and terms and conditions. Strong quantitative, analytical and conflict resolution abilities.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Corporation (Oracle) provides products and services that address all aspects of corporate information technology (IT) environments, including application, platform and infrastructure. The Company's businesses include cloud and on-premise software, hardware and services. Its cloud and on-premise software business consists of three segments, including cloud software and on-premise software, which includes Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings, cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and software license updates and product support. Its hardware business consists of two segments, including hardware products and hardware support. The Company's services business includes the remainder of the Company's segments. Its services business includes activities, such as consulting services, enhanced support services and education services, among others.