Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) - Senior Business Development Director
San Francisco, CA, USA
Aug 09, 2018
The Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) is looking for a Senior Business Development Director to secure and expand our premier Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and Auto data assets to be leveraged within the digital advertising ecosystem.
This person will conduct partner discovery, iterate based on cross-functional teams feedback and business evolution, and execute to deliver best in class Auto and CPG assets to power ODCs full set of offerings. You will need to clearly communicate strategic value and cross-workstream benefits to our executive team and stakeholders. Looking for someone who is energized by change and challenge, and comfortable working with all levels and personality types.
This role will:
- Collaborate with ODC cross-functional leadership teams such as product strategy, sales, legal, partner management, and others to align on opportunities and gaps in our assets
- Lead the sourcing and negotiation of new and existing deals managing them end to end from deal construct, terms, use cases, and most importantly, how to provide the maximum amount of value to both parties
- Pitch and negotiate with c-level executives
- Navigate the internal contracting process owning deals from the idea stage through to contract signature
This critical role will allow us to improve our existing products such as measurement and audiences and build new offerings as a leading player in the ad tech ecosystem. If you are a dynamic business development leader with strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of the ad-tech ecosystem, then this could be for you.
- 10+ years of business development and strategy, ideally in the ad tech ecosystem
- Extensive knowledge of the online ad tech ecosystem, DMPs, DSPs, and the Auto and CPG space
- Strong understanding of ODCs offerings such as measurement, context, and audiences
- Comfortable with executive team presentations and senior, c-level partnership negotiations
- Ability to manage within a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, with many stakeholders and shifting priorities
- Clear and organized communication of complex and messy workstreams
- Must be able to lead multiple time-sensitive initiatives in parallel
- Positive, professional, and fun to work with
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of time to attend events, meet with partners, and collaborate with global teams
- MBA preferred
Manages a team that is responsible for identifying relevant new business opportunities and designing "go-to-market" plans to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Consistently meets with potential customers and current customers to build pipeline.
Manages, through other managers, a team of business development representatives for a territory/region. The team is actively and frequently customer facing, providing the value proposition to business or org leaders, qualifying opportunities, and selling the value of the oracle solution. Provides operations management of lead qualification functions. Contributes to strategic and tactical planning for the division. Responsible for coaching, performance management, and career development of staff. Participates in the recruiting process and makes hiring decisions. Manages budget.
Experience qualifying prospects and customers; understanding of the sales cycle process. Strong leadership skills. Strong Oracle product knowledge. BA/BS preferred. Experience managing staff. Assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interact across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Able to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations important.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Corporation (Oracle) provides products and services that address all aspects of corporate information technology (IT) environments, including application, platform and infrastructure. The Company's businesses include cloud and on-premise software, hardware and services. Its cloud and on-premise software business consists of three segments, including cloud software and on-premise software, which includes Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings, cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and software license updates and product support. Its hardware business consists of two segments, including hardware products and hardware support. The Company's services business includes the remainder of the Company's segments. Its services business includes activities, such as consulting services, enhanced support services and education services, among others.